The cheerful habits approach is NOT about thinking positively to achieve positive results. It’s NOT about depriving yourself for 12 weeks, taking radical, unhealthy, unsustainable changes to what you usually eat. It's not about exercise programs that feel like torture.
It’s about using cutting-edge scientific principles not only to help you get fitter, lose weight, and manage your chronic health condition but also to help you connect with what you care about and find the strength, the courage to create a complete life, full in purpose and love. It’s about you, your whole being, not merely about your diet, stomach, and thighs. It’s about learning how not to let your thoughts and emotions sabotage you from taking action that moves you towards the things that matter to you. It’s about learning how to engage in health-promoting behavior even when you are feeling negative emotions, cravings, or a lack of motivation. It’s about letting go of useless struggles with yourself and your body and to no longer be trapped by self-destructive mindsets. Most importantly it’s about getting clear about what’s most important to you in regards to health and other areas in life and clear strategies on how to get them.
Many nutrition programs succeed in the short term and not the long term because they don’t deal enough (if at all) with the psychology of eating. The psychological factors that trigger overeating, and the strong emotional barriers to eating healthy. Accountability is usually used in those programs to bridge the gap between information and action. Unfortunately, when the accountability is gone, people usually return to their old habits.
With the cheerful habits method you will learn skills so that even when the accountability of working with me is gone, you can still maintain your health habits.
These are some of the results you’ll get from working with me:
- You’ll know exactly how to handle hunger, urges, cravings, unhelpful thoughts and feelings.
- How to overcome your psychological barriers to healthy eating.
- How to get far more satisfaction from your food.
- How to not let setbacks and challenges steal your motivation to change.
- How to free yourself from self-defeating mindsets.
- How to take control of your actions so you can behave like the person you want to be.
- How to get clear about what you want most in life and set meaningful goals to get them.
- How to use values and strengths to have a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
- How to start living the life you want now.